It's time to dig in!

Here I am – ready to reinvent myself yet again.  Yes, it’s time to move along the massive buffet line of choices of what to do in the world, and I’m excited to share my plans with you!

For the last 5 years, two months and 8 days (give or take!), I’ve owned and operated The Incredible Chef, an amazing personal chef service.  And while I’ve enjoyed that part of the buffet table, I’d like to explore a little more of what’s out there in the food world, specifically in the world of rapidly expanding social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, et al).

I’m fascinated with the massive opportunities in the online world, and can’t wait to help food and food-related companies find ways to capitalize on these avenues, growing their client bases and increasing their visibility (and bottom line!). It’s a natural extension of the foodie world I’m already working with and utilizing the social media connections I’ve established so far.  In my opinion, the foodies have done a fabulous job of integrating these opportunities and they are truly seeing results for their companies…and I’m going to help them take it to the next level!

And don’t worry, I’m still cooking for my current personal chef clients, keeping my hands in the pie, so to speak!  But that is an area of the buffet line I’ll be scaling back a bit.

So, here I go, off to this fresh, almost-out-of-the-oven end of the buffet table, and I’m open for suggestions on what to “sample” first!  If you know of food businesses that wonder “what in the world would I do on Twitter” or just want to find out more ways to reach their customers, please send them my way.

I’ve already blasted off to a good start, talking with several companies – chocolatiers, beer and wine companies, restaurants, etc – and the interest is definitely there!  And look for posts in the next few days of a couple recent foodie events I’ve attended with lots of great details.

The buffet is open – bon appetit!

p.s. If you’d like to subscribe to this blog, please go to widget box on right hand column - thanks!

Please share this with your friendsShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on Pinterest

13 Responses to “It's time to dig in!”

1. Deb Stadelman July 24, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

Hey there,
    I looked for the Blog Info so I could subscribe, but can’t find it anywhere. Help

2. Katy Woodworth July 24, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

Hi Chefy!

What am I going to call you next? I love this. New possibilities, new opportunities, new foodie fun!! You rock em girl!

3. Jessica Rubie July 24, 2009 at 5:27 pm #

This is fantastic Karen! Congrats on your next big adventure!

4. Jessica Rubie July 24, 2009 at 5:28 pm #

What an awesome new adventure!!

5. Amy Herring July 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

Your angels are cheering no doubt! This is beautifully written and integrating your new horizon. I’m so proud! :)

6. Mindy Stern July 24, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

Hi Karen-

Congrats on this new direction you’re taking your work in!! I know of a couple businesses here in Durango who might really be interested in working with you. Let me know if you’ll be doing phone consultations!

Best,

Mindy

7. Margit Crane July 24, 2009 at 8:20 pm #

Congrats on looking for inspiration and diving right in! I’ll be following…

8. Lesa Sullivan July 26, 2009 at 10:09 pm #

Awesome news! I wish you the best of luck and many helpings.

9. Angela Shen July 27, 2009 at 7:20 am #

Congrats Karen! I can’t wait to see you blossom into this new career.

10. Cheryl aka the Brat July 27, 2009 at 7:25 am #

Way to go big sis! This should be alot of fun, plus I can’t wait to hear about all the exciting new foods you find out about! Look for opportunities here in San Antonio so you can come visit! Start with Shiner Beer!

11. Betsy at Married with Luggage July 27, 2009 at 7:48 am #

This is going to be terrific – for you, for your new customers, and for consumers like me who want the inside scoop on great food ideas. Bon appetit!

12. Paula July 27, 2009 at 11:45 am #

What a fantastic idea, Karen! I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for restaurants and others who could benefit from your services. I’m subscribing to your blog too.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Finding my blog’s purpose « The Incredible Chef - March 1, 2010

[...] July I launched this blog as I began the transition from working as a personal chef to helping restaurants and food companies [...]